December

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve!

It's hard to not reflect on all the past Christmas Eve's I have had in my life. This year will be different. I have never not been with my parents. Brooklyn told me today that her favorite part about Christmas was being with family and that she was sad that this year we were all broken apart. I suppose I'm not the only one affected. Regardless the kids are beside themselves with excitement! I'm so glad everything is ready to go so Jason and I can enjoy a relaxing evening together. Poor guy is going to need it after working graveyard the last two nights.
On Tuesday we got about 4in of snow and took the kids sledding, they had a blast! I had fun watching with Addalyn from inside the car! Addalyn does not like to be cold and I graciously volunteered to keep her in the the car. Unfortunately it warmed up later and the majority of it melted away which is really a shame since the rest of the week it's been and will be freezing and clear. It would've been so nice to have a white Christmas. I also didn't get a chance to post about my sweet little girl turning two last week. We decorated gingerbread house and although next year we'll make actual gingerbread, the kids still had fun. So after the festivities of tomorrow and next week it will be time to really start getting ready for our next baby girl to be here. It's been hard to really focus on that until the holidays are past us. Although the huge bulge I'm carrying around as well as the lack of flexibility make it pretty hard to ignore! So Merry Christmas to anyone that is out there still reading blogs!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Merry Christmas!!!! Its hard to be without family. But it can be so relaxing to stay home and let the kids play with all there Christmas goodies. Enjoy your day. Love ya!

Harries Family said...

I still read blogs, well not at much since we all have facebook, but it was weird for me to not to see everyone at Christmas also. I hope next year we get see everyone. Miss ya tons!