December

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A time to give

We had a great Thanksgiving last week. This year was the first year I hosted it for my family and I think it went over well. Jason and I shopped the next morning and had a great time spending the insanity together. The kids stayed at my mom's house so they were spared the 4AM wake up call! Poor Addalyn looked at me like I was insane as I woke her up. Anyway the weekend was fun and we decorated the tree.
I am trying really hard to enjoy this year with my kids. Since Avarie got sick it has been so hard to see an importance in a lot of the things that I used to really enjoy. Avarie had chemo yesterday and we are waiting on the results of the bone marrow test today. My heart ,this season, is so full of empathy for all those families that are having to endure similar experiences to my sister and our family. I do want to express my thankfulness for all of our many blessings though. My family has had the privilege of seeing some of the greatest generosity and thoughtfulness of so many that it is impossible to not see our Heavenly Fathers hands at work though others. I truly hope that we are all able to see the miracles at work all around us. I know that never before in my life have I felt the true meaning of Christmas the way that I am feeling it this year. I hope that others out there are touched by our sweet Avarie and think to reach out to others in need this year. On a lighter note I hope that everyone takes the time to send letters to Santa this year at Macy's. They are donating $1 to make a wish for each letter. Also this Thurs, Fri, and Sat. in Sellwood, OR a store called Real Deals is donating a portion of all sales to help Avarie. I heard that AM Northwest might be there doing a story on it also. Thanks again to all those that continue to remember Avarie and our family in your prayers.

No comments: