Saturday, November 22, 2008
Twilight at midnight!
On Thursday my mom came and babysat so Jason and I could go to the midnight showing of Twilight. I then went again today with my mom and sisters. i loved it but mainly because I was able to use my memories of the book to fill in the parts from the movie that needed some help. I have heard many differing reviews and I mostly agree with all of them but really the books were good enough that the movie for me didn't have to be equal I just enjoyed revisiting the story. I knew that with the length of the movie and small budget it wouldn't have all that was necessary to make it as good as I hope the next ones will be. I know that we could pick it apart but after all is said and done there is something to be said about simply just wanting to like it and really I didn't expect that it would be as deep as the book but I really didn't need it to be I just wanted to like it flaws and all. The movie just made me happy I had read the books so I could greater appreciate the complete story, I had to explain missing parts to Jason. On another more important note Avarie has been making huge improvements and truly all so thankful for the good news. I was able to go spend time with her on Friday and I truly cherished my time with her. I know Jenell has been trying to upload some film footage of her from today. Hopefully it will be up by tomorrow I long to see her smile and apparently today for the first time in more than a month she did just that. I can't express how much her parents needed that, they needed the expression of hope to refill their hearts and minds with the sweet baby girl that they had been missing these last several weeks. I pray that next week we will get some more great news but for now the smile is the miracle we all needed to renew our spirits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
The video is on there and actually it has been almost 2 months since she smiled last.
I agree with you assessment of Twilight. That is how I felt also, but honestly I just liked the movie. A couple of the stunts were pretty cheesily done, like the running with her on his back, not how I pictured it in the book, or the tree climbing. But all in all I thought the movie was really good. I really felt them actually become the characters for me. I would like to see it again.
Post a Comment