Monday, January 12, 2009
Update
So Addalyn has had a rash since before New Year's we have been to the Dr 3 times. Today we will be seeing a dermatologist. Last week we had to wait for an hour in the waiting room and i had all four little ones! today I will have to take all 5. For those that don't know Payten completed her first week at "public school" last week. She has always struggled with reading and although she worked with a reading specialist last year we couldn't afford it this year so we have decided to try out the public rescources. It was an agonizing decision but i believe the best one for now. She is adjusting well but can't quite figure out why the boys tease her at recess. Hopefully she won't let the teasing get to her and hopefully for the boys sake they leave her alone I have been known to be quite the mama bear when the situation arises. it seems as if most everyone I talk to struggles with their kids education. I still like my Mormon school idea personally, and maybe someday the need will arise until then I will continue to make the best decisions I can for each of my kids, even when I struggle with self doubt everytime I do make one. In better news Jason is through one quarter and is doing well this quarter and is looking forward to doing clinicals in the hospital close to us. Avarie is home now and is doing well. I hope all of you have had a chance to go to her blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
i didn't know payten was in public school, the boys are only teasing her because they think she is pretty!!! that is great!! she is a beautiful girl! i know...the mommy instincts still kick in, i am pretty sure we are as protective and dangerous as a lioness!! I am all for the mormon school!
Having an all "Mormon" school won't solve the problems of prepubesence. Boys will be boys, and girls will be ultra sensitive about themselves until they all get thru the puberty stage, and on to adulthood. I remember being picked on, and feeling uncomfortable. It's part of growing up. It's how we grow and learn to adapt to the big wide world outside.
I have been around a lot of kids and have never seen as much waste as a large group of public school kids. They have parents who take no concern in their education or their behavior. Adapting in public school does not mean that you will be well adapted in the real world. I would actually prefer my kids to not fit in with "public school" kids. If I had any other option right now I would not have her there. I don't believe that being picked on is some how an initiation to the real world. Although I don't think that the teasing is all that bad I am on guard and will not stand by so that she begins to think that that is part of getting an education. I have been apart of a charter school and a homeschooling school and let me tell you the kids are very different when the parents are involved. In a mormon school at least the kids would share standards and understand schooling from an eternal perspective.
It is definitely difficult to always be sure that the decisions we make for our kids are the right(best)ones. But I believe that as long as our heart and desire for what is best is there, we just have to trust it and know that is all we can do. Parental involvement is everything! The school Ashton is attending now, is very highly rated for that and there has been no talk of bullying or teasing like he had at his previous schools. I really hope it stays that way. I want my kids to know that the world has good and that people can get along and treat eachother with respect.
LOL, An all Mormon school... maybe you should move to Utah and see all the perfect "all Mormon public schools"... drugs, swearing, abuse and getting "picked on" in all of its glory... probably all happens more because of the culture. Turns out kids don't HAVE eternal perspectives rofl.
If nothing else public school is a great introduction to real life imo. But you know my opinion on all that... bring the pain! Pain = growth or at least knowledge of the pain and how to avoid it lol.
Anyway, I'm glad she's getting working on her reading still, don't let her make the mistake I did by waiting till I was 16 to read a book.
Post a Comment