December

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Great to be 8!

Having computer issues but oh well!
This last week was crazy. Jason's Grandpa was put on hospice so we drove Thursday up to the Tri-cities which is 3.5 hours away. We had a good visit and the kids love visiting with their Gutierrez family. We then drove home the next day. Friday was actually Jackson's Birthday although we mainly celebrated it on Saturday we did take him to Multnomah Falls on the way back home. Saturday Jackson was baptized and confirmed a member of our church! We bought him a suit and afterward he looked so cute! He also is now officially a cub scout which also came with a really cute shirt! I am so proud of the young man he is and is becoming. I so appreciate all those that showed their love for us and came yesterday. I know that giving up a Saturday and enduring chaos is hard but I truly appreciated all your presences. So here are 8 things about Jacksy-boy!

1. He taught himself to read at 6 months before kindergarten started.

2. He used to refuse to get started for the day until he cuddled with me.

3. He is my pickiest eater and will not touch fruit except for mandarin oranges and regular oranges.

4. He could eat pancakes all day long! He also loves raw vegetables like cucumbers, carrots,celery and broccoli. Don't even consider that he dips them in anything though, always plain and raw.

5. He is a wonderful artist and loves to do nothing more than draw and paint or work with clay.

6. He naturally is gifted with an understanding for computers , well game systems also. He figures things out quickly.

7. He loves to sing and dance. He does not mind performing in front of people. His soccer coach said, while describing him, that he will probably end up on one of those dancing shows one day!

8. Jackson has a very tender heart he has always cried after getting into trouble because he didn't want me to be mad at him.

Jackson has always had a lot of energy and at times I thought I would lose my mind in raising him but somehow overnight he became this responsible well mannered kid. So for all you out there struggling with a 3 or 4 year old boy hang in there it pays off. And that might be why I am having an easier time dealing with Harrison, so waiting for that to pay off!!!!

3 comments:

Harries Family said...

It was chaotic a bit at your house, but its always so great to be together and celebrate a birthday and a baptism. I still can't believe Jackson is 8!!!

mommyof6 said...

Really, I thought it was more chaotic at the baptism. To each his own. Seriously though it feels like I just did all this with Payten.

Jenell said...

I have to agree with Michelle on this one, the house was chaotic, but thats what you get when you have a family as large as ours. Because we were in the back for the baptism we just tried to quiet our kids, we didn't really notice anyone elses. You were more up front and so the noise and chaos probably traveled up there. We couldn't hear anything in the back even if everything had been really quiet, so we just stopped trying to hear at some point and just stand up when it was our turn to be involved in something. I told Daren and Marcia last night about Jackson's baptism, they were floored that he was 8. It was funny he just kept saying "what, he's 8".