So I have been contemplating life and how it is perpetually changing. I believe that we all have many times in our lives where we become complacent and take for granted many of the simple things in our lives. Everywhere I turn I am bombarded by these truths. Every person I care about is experiencing changes right now, for example jobloss, house loss, illness, divorce, unstable job, moving, marriage and new baby. I cannot remember a time when I literally cannot think of anyone who is not being affected in some way. Although not everyone is struggling I can't help but feel the effects of the challenging times around the corner for each of us. None of us know when our time of faith and endurance will be put to the test but we can all be assured that it will come. It amazes me how many warnings we have been given for such things but somehow when it happens it can feel so unexpected. I never realized that my greatest trial would be one that would not happen directly to me but to a loved one but honestly that is what in some ways increases the trial because I not only feel the pain for myself but for my niece and my sister. Although I know that there are still many trials to come it truly gives perspective to those trials after enduring watching Avarie suffer. But I have Faith that there is more to it then having a better perspective, How can we be like him if we don't also endure heartache and pain. I am so glad that I don't have to endure anything alone and I am so thankful that I was taught to have an eternal perspective, somedays it is the only thing that gets me through. Here's a poem I found one day when I was struggling to endure it helped me so maybe it might help someone else
SEE IT THROUGH
by Edgar A. Guest (1881-1959)
When you're up against a trouble,
Meet it squarely, face to face;
Lift your chin and set your shoulders,
Plant your feet and take a brace.
When it's vain to try to dodge it,
Do the best that you can do;
You may fail, but you may conquer,
See it through!
Black may be the clouds about you
And your future may seem grim,
But don't let your nerve desert you;
Keep yourself in fighting trim.
If the worst is bound to happen,
Spite of all that you can do,
Running from it will not save you,
See it through!
Even hope may seem but futile,
When with troubles you're beset,
But remember you are facing
Just what other men have met.
You may fail, but fall still fighting;
Don't give up, whate'er you do;
Eyes front, head high to the finish.
See it through!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Thanks for sharing, it does seem that sometimes no matter how much we feel we are preparing and increasing our faith the Lord always gives us a curveball. It also great to realize if he brought us to it he will help us through it.
Post a Comment