Okay so I'm a little late, her birthday was on Saturday, but I did want to let everyone know a little about the women I call mom. Violet May Foushee is the most caring loving person I know. My mom has always tried to be there for all of us kids and now tries to be close to all 30 grand kids. She was the kind of mom that you could tell just about anything to, She would let us stay home with her when we were having one of those days ,and she always went out of her way to show us her love for us. I cannot express how much I admire her. When I was growing up I often thought I'd be something important like a lawyer or Senator but when I watched my mom I knew that there was no greater position in life then to be a mom. She has always been the kind of mom I hoped to be and know that I am the person I am because of her. I have always loved writing poems for her but found this one and thought it was a good fit.
I learned about love from you,
Watching your caring ways.
I learned about joy from you
In fun-filled yesterdays.
From you I learned forgiving
Of faults both big and small.
I learned what I know about living
From you, as you gave life your all.
The example you set is still with me
I'd never want any other.
I'm thankful for all that you taught me,
And I'm blessed to call you "Mother."
By Joanna Fuchs
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Ditto!
Post a Comment