So I thought that last week was crazy once I had posted my last post , needless to say it was just the beginning. Friday Jason worked from 2pm to 10:30pm. Around 6:45 I was on the phone and happened to look outside at my kids who were playing at the park right behind our house. All of a sudden I thought I saw Harrison crying and then all the kids ran over to him. Even from there I could tell that there was something dark all of his shirt. I then saw Payten's face as she ran from his side to come get me. I quickly ended the phone call and braced myself for a trip with all five kids to the ER. I ran to get Harrison and knew he was going to need stitches to his eyebrow because the whole thing was ripped open. I guess they were playing chase and he looked behind him and when he turned around he ran straight into the picnic table corner.
So I took a deep breath told everyone to grab their stuff and we headed to show Jason and get his opinion real; quick before we headed to the ER. Poor Jason could in no way leave they were already short staffed. So he took one look and agreed I would have to take him in,ugh. I then realized I forgot the cell phone and seeing how Addalyn was sick and Harrison is my busiest child there was no point in trying to find a place to drop kids off at. So off I went to entertain 3 starving, 1 bleeding, and 1 very unhappy child. I was able to scrounge up $1.75 so we got trail mix and Doritos out of the vending machine. So after 4 1/2 hours of waiting, delays, Camp Rock, coloring, screaming tired baby, Harrison received 6 stitches. They gave him some medicine which made him drowsy but made it so he was very very relaxed as they patched him up. All the kids were so sweet to him they all took turns doing things for him. We arrived home at 11:30pm. Jason helped carry them all in and I cleaned up and went to bed. Then Saturday our friend and neighbors 4yr old fell out of their two story window landing on the cement on his face. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital but then transferred to Emmanuel in Portland. It was absolutely horrific. I babysat their other six kids, they have 8 altogether. I watched,comforted and fed all 11 kids until their Grandparents arrived at 11pm. He ended up fracturing the front of his skull and both eye bones and developed a bruise on his brain. The kids are always at my house they are practically my adopted nieces and nephews so it was quite devastating. Fortunately little Joseph had a guardian angel with him that day because truly his accident should have been life threatening and we got word today that he was being released today. He still has to lay pretty still for the next 8 weeks but given the alternative it is just amazing.
On Sunday I was so drained I just wanted to rest once we got home from church but instead we confirmed our trip to Hawaii in June! June 24 Jason and i and our two friends will be heading to Oahu for 9 days without children! I am freaking a little, a lot, about leaving my kids especially my baby. I am really hoping it will get easier the closer it gets but am scared it won't. Anyways that wraps up my CRAZY week!
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
oh my goodness, i can't believe that poor boy, that is one of the scariest things ever, i hope he recovers soon. and i hope harrison is doing okay to. at least he can get a priesthood blessing, or probably already has. i am sure that was super crazy. you are so strong and sweet for helping out the other family.
Andrea I am so glad to hear your neighbor boy is okay. I have never met him, but honestly felt so worried for him and his parents. What a blessing that he is okay.
As for not wanting to leave your kids..just know they will be fine. You are lucky you have a great mom to care for them. And they will love you even more after being without you for a few days. And you will also be a better mom for taking some WELL DESERVED time for yourself and your husband. I am not just saying this for you, but for me as well :) We are going to have a fabulous time!!!
HOLY COW!!! You're amazing Andrea! Emergency room visits are stressful enough (so I've heard) I can't imagine doing it with all the kids too! Glad Harrison is okay. Thank goodness your little neighbor friend is okay. That's the scariest thing ever! It makes me want to go move my kids bookshelf away from the window... Glad to hear you get to go on vacation! What a fun time to relax and have a blast!
Post a Comment