December

Friday, January 15, 2010

My Grandma




My Grandma Mead was my only living grandparent. My Grandma passed away today at 9:01 PDX time. My mom and sister had been by her side for the past couple days. I would've done everything in my power to have been there if my due date wasn't so darn close. I'm so glad we were able to go see her during Thanksgiving. I was able to talk to her on the phone last week when we knew that the time was getting close. My Grandma Foushee, Dad's mom, died one month before I was born the irony is not lost on me that I am now due to have my daughter in 1 month. My Grandma Mead has always made us things from blankets, doilies, bibs, embroidered pillow cases and many other crocheted and knitted things. I am so glad that I have almost all the things she made for me and my kids. I am sad that she didn't have enough time to do a blanket for our new baby but am thankful that my grandma got to know all but one of my kids. One of my favorite memories of my Grandma was when she moved in with us after my Grandpa passed away. We used to go in her room and watch every Lifetime show that came on and Rescue 911. We loved to make her laugh because once she got started she couldn't stop and anytime she would start so would the tears. I have always felt proud to have been given her middle name which is also my Mom's and I gave it to Payten. I know Payten always felt an extra connection as well at being the fourth generation May. My Grandma had 5 kids, 25 grandkids and next month my baby would've given her 57 great-grandkids. I know that my grandma is rejoicing at being reunited with her beloved husband who she had been without for the past 22yrs. How grateful I am to know that I will see her again. I can't imagine not belonging to a church that believes in the plan of salvation. We all have the ability to be with our families forever and truly there has never been a greater gift given.

No comments: