December

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Good to read when your ready to pull your hair out, or theirs

A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"

"Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."

God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."

Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"

God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

"Who will protect me?"

God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking it's life."

"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."

"You will simply call her, 'Mom.'"

7 comments:

Jenell said...

This made me want to cry. I love it. I need to frame a copy of this to read every day, because I want to pull my hair out everyday and that story really puts life into perspective. LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

mommyof6 said...

I randomly came upon it, or maybe not so randomly:)a few weeks ago and it made me cry. I posted it for me to read everyday, sometimes more than once, because it truly changes my attitude every time. Glad you liked it as much as me.

Harries Family said...

That is a great poem. I think I will post it on my blog so others will read it. Thanks for the enlightenment

mommyof6 said...

SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS YOU'LL COPY IT AND MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT WAS YOUR IDEA, I SEE HOW THIS BLOGGING THING CAN GET COMPETITIVE! JUST KIDDING

Twyst said...

I'll resist the urge to have fun with this and just say it was nice and I'm glad it helps you all not kill your kids.

sorry, fun will be had, I just can't help myself.

mommyof6 said...

We never said we were going to kill them , just pull some hair. Sorry I must have missed you and your high horse riding in. You know you read it and cried.

Anonymous said...

I loved it so much, Andrea, that I used it in my ward bulletin. I was so glad there was room for it! I got a couple of comments on how nice it was. Thanks!
Lisa