December

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Payten May turns 9


My Baby Girl will be 9 in a couple hours. We had her birthday party today. Her Aunt Shelley picked her up and took her for ice cream and then dropped her off at Jason's work. She then hung out with him and went to dinner. Each of the kids gets a date with dad for their birthday. While she was gone I redecorated her room. Jenell came over and helped me get things ready, thanks. She was so excited about her room she got a new bedspread, a hanging canopy, curtain, desk, rug and some new decorations. The whole family came to the party,minus my dad and Brandon. We had cupcakes, ice cream sundaes, and a pinata. Needless to say I love making my kids birthdays special but I am always glad when it is over.
Payten was a beautiful baby. She was born around 5:45pm on May 25, 1999 and weighed 7lbs 10oz. She was 19in long with a lot of dark hair. She was the first granddaughter on both sides but she was easy to love. Sometimes I can see the little girl she used to be reflecting in her and part of me is sad for that I will never get the chance to see the little girl she once was but I do love the kind compassionate young lady she is becoming but it is still hard to see her grow up. She has been with me half the amount of time I was with my parents before I got married. Sometimes I feel bad about the amount of responsibility we put on her we expect so much from her sometimes, I once heard something at church which truly made me ponder this. The first born have the most on their shoulders because they pave the way for the rest to follow and aspire to, Jesus was the first born and look and the responsibility he carried. So although I don't think that it's always fair I do try to make sure that she receives extra special privileges. My goal this year is to try extra hard to show more love to her sometimes in the hustle and bustle quality one on one time , outside of our school, is lost and as I'm so keenly aware the days seem to be passing me by.

An Angel Left Her Wings

© Tina M. Marascia


I have this little angel. For me she left her wings.
She has no idea how much happiness she truly brings.
She brightens up my days with her smiles and her laughs.
She helps me to remember all the blessings that I have.

Her face, it is so perfect, she's sweet and soft and pure.
Sometimes she can be willful and sometimes she is demure.
She tries her very hardest to please and do what's right.
She gives the greatest hugs from morning until night.

Every person that has known her sees this light within her soul
I know that in this whole great world, she has a special role.
She's helpful and considerate to everyone she knows
This light in her shines brighter as my angel grows.

When she sees someone is sad, it opens up her heart.
She wants to do all that she can; she wants to do her part.
She'll squeeze away the sorrow and make me forget about my pain.
She shows me where the sun is when we're hiding from the rain.

I know that God must love me, He showed me with His Grace
I knew just how completely when I saw my angel's face.
And in that very moment when she came into my world,
I knew that she was so much more than just my baby girl.

She would be my sunshine, with a sweetness that won't end.
And when she grows up one day she would be my closest friend.
She would be the reason I would always try my best.
For my little angel baby girl would be my greatest test.

When God entrusts to you an angel, who has left her wings for you.
Encircle her with love with everything you do.
Let her know God made her, and that He trusts you with her care.
Be sure to make time for special moments with her to share.

And when at night she finally says her prayers and goes to sleep
I Thank Him for my angel, and ask for him to always keep
A watchful eye and hand to protect her from this world.
Protect my little angel; protect my baby girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Patie!! I'm so glad we could come and share your special day! I'm so sorry we had to leave so early. Tristan was not feeling very well and he fell asleep on the ride home. I hope you had a fun day! I know my kids always like playing with you and your siblings!
Such a young lady! We're so proud of who you are Payten and the wonderful person you are becoming. You're Mom and Dad are GREAT examples for you. Keep following them and listen to their advice.
Nice blog, Andrea. You inspire me. I really need to get going on mine!!!
Lisa

Harries Family said...

That is a very cute poem, it truly reflects Payten. I have always had such a closeness to her because of her sweet spirit and her genuine qualities. Your so lucky to have little Payty bugs.

Breanna said...

I can't believe she's 9 years old! I love her picture, she is getting more and more beautiful all the time! Call me I am trying to figure out how to customize my blog, Help!