December

Monday, October 6, 2008

Leukemia

I just got word that the our sweet Avarie has leukemia. I can't really express my truest sorrow of this but I just wanted to let you all know a story Jenell shared with me this morning. Her and Avarie caught some of conference yesterday and as Jenell lay beside her sweet daughter Avarie turned to her and asked if the prophet would ask Heavenly Father to make her better because she was tired of being sick. Jenell told her she was sure he would mention to bless the kids who were sick. After a little while of listening to one of the speakers, Avarie not realizing it wasn't the prophet asked why the prophet hadn't said "please make Avarie not sick" Jenell told her that the prophet hadn't spoke yet but not to worry. One more quick story to share is that when they were giving Avarie an ultrasoud the other day she was having a hard time holding still and began pleading with her mom to sing the primary song "I love to see the temple"so Jenell looked at the technician and explained that she would then began singing her daughters fav. church song(so she wouldn't completely weird her out) so sweet Avarie held still as her mom sang the these words

1. I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

2. I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
I’ll cov’nant with my Father;
I’ll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.

1 comment:

RACHEL said...

what a special little girl, i am so sorry to hear of her illness, we will be sure to keep her in our prayers