December

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Life continues

Well soccer season is done and with that three to four trips a week to the soccer field goes with it. It seems like this last week was on stand still. I was so engrossed with news from the hospital that I can't believe this week is over. I truly am still living in a bit of a dream like state but life seems to always continue around you even when it is hard to make it through another day. I went and spent time at the hospital today and it was so great. Avarie was doing so good today! She was so excited to see Brooklyn they sat on her bed (Avarie still can't walk yet) and got their fingernails painted and played barbies. Jenell was so excited and even her nurse came in and couldn't believe it she has been so unhappy and showed little interest in much until today. I can not express how much that did for my heart I had to contain my tears because it was the most heartwarming scene watching the two girls play together like always. I even got to sit with her and soak in the moment more as I cuddled her(until I sat on one of her wires and made a machine start beeping). Tomorrow we will have a day of fasting and a lot of praying, so far we have contacted everyone I know to join in on the fast or at least the prayers. I am so touched by the outpouring of support for our family. Hopefully Avarie will have her pain lessoned so she can come home tomorrow. I truly do believe in the power of prayers and have so much faith that this will help. So again thank you to everyone and keep up the prayers:)

1 comment:

Jenell said...

It was so wonderful to see Avarie alive again. She has been more like an insanly grumpy vegetable. I was also so excited to see the girls playing again, it almost felt for a moment like everything was normal. I hope there will still be a lot of "normal" moments ahead for her. It was great for her to be able to remember that there is all of that to go home to. She had stopped asking to go home as if it was a distant memory, after your visit she has been asking a lot if we can go home now. Thanks for stopping by yesterday. It was too perfect of timing to be a coincidence. Love you all lots.