Once again my path has crossed a story that has caused me to reflect on life's precious joys. My sister Jenell got the link from her niece in Utah and she warned me of the sadness that it would bring but I had no choice I was drawn to the story and now I will share the link with you www.babymckallister.blogspot.com. I must tell you before hand it is about the death of a baby two days before his due date. But please don't let the shear heartbreak of this story stop you because the words written on the blog are so perfect and done so much out of love that I truly believe that the spirit guided every word. There is no words to express the sorrow this young couple must feel but their testimony and faith of the plan of salvation is truly an example to everyone that reads their story. Having an eternal family and perspective has never brought me to my knees quicker out of pure thankfulness for the opportunity we all have to be with our loved ones again. The temple covenants will never be seen as just a temperal step again how blessed we are to know that through those blessed promises we can see our loved ones again. I hope that everyone that reads the story will gain a better perspective of how much our Heavenly Father loves us by giving us the opportunity to be together again. And that we can all learn to recognize all the blessings we have around us and that this life is not the final destination. I know that I have held my kids a little tighter since reading it. I know we've all heard this poem but in this case it again brought me comfort because I am sure that there is only one set of footprints behind them.
Footprints
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.
When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.
This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.
The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
Carolyn Carty, 1963








2 comments:
I took that photo!
Why yes you did!
Post a Comment