December

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Enjoying Life



First off my sweet Addalyn rolled over on Fathers Day for the first time, while I love that she is growing up I hate that she is growing up. she rolled to get a my little pony. I snapped this pic right after she rolled. She was not much happier after she rolled because she then was stuck. Jason had to work on fathers day so we celebrated mainly yesterday. We made him breakfast then he played on the computer with the kids with the new games he got to play with them. We then planted our garden, which you have never seen kids more excited to do. After that we BBQ and went to the park( on the other side of our backyard) to play croquet. After some really awesome fits by Jackson, he absolutely hates to not do well or have people"beat" him, we went inside and got ready for the end of the year LDS Homeschool potluck. After getting lost for 40 minutes we arrived ate, played, talked and left. We then went and filled up at Costco for $4.13, which by the way is about 15 cents cheaper than the rest of the stations. These gas prices are truly going to change all of our lives. After 9/11 I remember thinking that our world has forever been changed and that there are things I will probably never do now, like go back and take my family with me to Europe. Those bombings altered my perception on my families safety here and everywhere. In some ways though it made me realize that truly the time is at hand, but with gas prices and food prices skyrocketing I realize that we are again that much closer to the end. I'm in no means saying that it will happen tomorrow only that look how much has happened in the last 7 years. For me I see everything as signs to get myself and my family prepared. We are buying a lot of food storage supplies this week and hopefully will be getting our water barrels soon. I found this out of a talk by Dallin H. Oaks and it really made me stop and think.

“But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up” (Matt. 24:42–43). “But would have been ready” (JS—M 1:47).

“Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh” (Matt. 24:44; see also D&C 51:20).

What if the day of His coming were tomorrow? If we knew that we would meet the Lord tomorrow—through our premature death or through His unexpected coming—what would we do today? What confessions would we make? What practices would we discontinue? What accounts would we settle? What forgivenesses would we extend? What testimonies would we bear?

If we would do those things then, why not now? Why not seek peace while peace can be obtained? If our lamps of preparation are drawn down, let us start immediately to replenish them.

We need to make both temporal and spiritual preparation for the events prophesied at the time of the Second Coming. And the preparation most likely to be neglected is the one less visible and more difficult—the spiritual. A 72-hour kit of temporal supplies may prove valuable for earthly challenges, but, as the foolish virgins learned to their sorrow, a 24-hour kit of spiritual preparation is of greater and more enduring value.

5 comments:

Twyst said...

I don't want to knock your preparedness or anything, but gas prices skyrocketed in the 70's too... and the end didn't come... the stock market crashed in the 20's... the end didn't come. All I'm saying is maybe the end signs aren't based around how difficult it is too live and buy gas. I'd be interested in seeing the world develop without mass quantities of oil.

I mean, it says the end comes when you don't expect... seems kinda obvious right now. Besides, if you really want to see signs of the Second Coming why not read some revelation (with JS notes obviously).

It's not like I'm one of those virgins hah...um, oh no!

mommyof6 said...

Well I also know my history well and the saying those that don't are doom to repeat it. I do not think that it will happen tomorrow, did you read my post, but the church has said the time is at hand and when I spoke to a stake food storage person awhile ago she told me that the church has never used as forceful language as it is now using to get prepared. How fortunate are we that we have history to learn from and the people that made it through those times in history the best were those that were prepared. You can say that I'm an extremist but I have a whole family that will be looking to me if there is a disaster. And we should live our lives as if we will meet him soon because YOU never know we might.

Twyst said...

You have cats right? Who needs food storage? You have a meat making factory!

Jenell said...

Andreas cats are fixed, her meat supply is limited. But at the rate that my guinea pigs are reproducing i could feed you all for a while.
Seriously though, when you have these helpless little ones that look to you for food and shelter, even the thought of having to tell them you have nothing for them, or watch them suffer you would and should prepare. Not that Aaron doesn't have anyone, oh yeah, Aaron was too busy experimenting with his life to have someone haha. Anyway it is important to be prepared. Good job Andrea!
Have you ever realized that your blogs and your answers are like RS lessons.

Breanna said...

When I see how big your kids are getting it makes me realize how fast mine have grown and continue to grow. It is amazing how fast time goes. I can't wait to get back there so we can spend more time together.