Monday, June 30, 2008
Another crusade
Ok, so I haven't posted for a while. To be honest I have been in a slump, and for you that truly know me you know that that is not a common thing. My thoughts and spirit have been sad lately and I can only attribute that to my lack at working on it. Yesterday though I had such a great day at church that it throughly replenished me. First all the songs during Sacrament were ones that I like, lately they have been those obscure ones that no one knows, Praise to the man and Joseph Smiths first Prayer are some of my favorites. Then I really enjoyed the talks and enjoyed the letter from the 1st Presidency. I then got to go to primary and teach CTR 7, Jackson's class. I did all that by myself because like you all know Jason works every other weekend. Church has almost always been my escape from my stresses but going by myself this often has worn on my spirit. I of course will be the first to admit that I would never use him not being there with me as an excuse as to my own spirituality because I believe with all that is in me that you chose that by yourself and cannot allow someone else to have the power to make or take that away from you. With all that said I truly appreciate and realize my sincere joy at having my husband there with us. I also opened July's issue of the Ensign and must be the first to report that it is truly an amazing issue. Amazing because each article deals with something that someone close to me is dealing with. All I can say is read it and you'll not be disappointed it is very uplifting. So I finally did it I canceled our cable today. So tomorrow we will have NO CHANNELS. While i have done this once long ago this will truly be interesting, difficult and exciting all at once. Exciting, you might be wondering? Well it is truly amazing how inventive and creative a family can become when there is nothing on, literally though. My hope is that our family will enjoy quality time together and not count sitting and watching the same show together as that. i hope that more of you will take the plunge, you will suffer for the first few weeks but after that you will be blown away at the amount of time it has freed up for you, not to mention the money it frees up. Any how this is one of my attempts to refocus our families goals and save us some money. I just get in a rut sometimes spiritually and the best way out for me is to strive extra hard to do as much as possible that is right. I guess I've always felt that if I am in great need to have the Lord's blessings that I better live up to my part of the bargain. However you want to look at it fortunately or unfortunately I am always relying on him to help me with many things in my life and most of the time he has helped me when there was no way I could do it alone. My life seems so busy right now that I truly do need the temptation of TV removed from me. Don't think that I've completely lost my mind we can still watch some shows on the computer which will make weekends fun and cheap. Plus this will free me up to Blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I think that is awesome that you are giving up cable. I think I could totally give up cable. There are only a few shows that I watch and they are on basic and I really don't watch much anymore now that I have Hudson, but I know that your kids are going to be missing it along with your husband, so good luck!
Good post, I think it's fairly easy to let certain things slide for awhile before we realize the effect on us and our spirits. For me it's a constant struggle to do and keep doing ALL the things I know I should, but you definitely feel it when you don't. You are a VERY strong person to continue to be at church every Sunday without the help of your husband. As for the cable thing, I totally agree, it's amazing how many more things I accomplish without it and how much closer we get as a family. We have cable only for now because it's free! But I'm afraid that will be ending soon!
Post a Comment