I've been wanting to repost but time has been in short supply lately. I went VT the other day and it was my turn to teach the lesson. I was a little disappointed when I first looked up the lesson, still haven't received my Ensign this month, it was on, for those of you who have yet to read it:), pre-mortal life. Yet when I actually read it and pondered it I couldn't believe how perfect it was for me. The part that stuck out the most was the quote from President Kimball which said how sad and depressing our lives would be if this was IT, if this life was all we had to look forward to. How true that is, I think sometimes we all get caught up in our everyday life and forget that this is a prerequisite for something even greater. The other part that stuck out was that we had to all be on an equal footing here so the veil was placed over our eyes. Yet I truly think that although our visual memories are gone our spiritual memories are not and there are different times within our lives when we can feel and relive those memories for example when we feel the spirit and more easily noticed is at the birth of your child. The love felt can only give us a glimpse at the love that was experienced by our spirit before. I hadn't intend to go off on a sermon again but I really did enjoy feeling new insight with this lesson so I thought if nothing else would motivate others to either read the ensign, do their VT or conclude that I'm a religious fanatic.
We went to three of our sisters but only saw two the third I had to sit in the car and try to take care of the baby so my companion went to the door which I felt bad about because I knew she was nervous because we'd never met this person before, but she did it and when she came back from the door, we were just dropping off cookies and a letter, she was laughing because I guess the lady wasn't there but a really, lets say very large man, opened the door with nothing more than a blanket around him, she quickly explained who she was and that she would call the lady later to explain who we were. We laughed all the way to our next appointment. It is true that sometimes VT can be an interesting experience. Here is a link that I found on a fun family to do list http://www.angelfire.com/md2/moodyfamily/100things.html just copy and paste it and it will get you there. Addalyn has been sick the last few days and I'm half way out of my mind. and hopefully today we will finally see some signs of summer it should be 70 degrees! I keep joking that we've skipped summer and gone backwards to winter but maybe I can stop. Jason starts school next week. I'm not sure I'm mentally prepared yet but maybe that's a good sign sometimes I am more ready when I'm out of my right mind. By the way the pic is of us having milkshakes and playing games. It is amazing how pictures can make things look so CALM and loving.








2 comments:
Keeping a straight face is the most important thing when faced with such sights.
I read this really, really interesting book called Life Everlasting . Now, it's not gospel, but it does contain a number of interesting visions and recounts of the pre-mortal life. So many things made sense after I read this I can't even number them. Really interesting conclusions too.
I wrote something in my blog. I'm starting to get it setup. Check it out, and add me to your friends list.jenellgiles.blogspot.com
Post a Comment