December

Monday, June 23, 2008

So sings my soul

Please turn your speakers on and get to know and understand what makes me me. These are a list of some of my favorite 30 songs. I probably missed some but these are the ones that make my soul almost jump out of my skin. I picked most because they pull so much emotion from me and have so much meaning to me. Yes, I love me some pumpkins! I am probably the most eclectic person when it comes to music other than Jason. Almost all the songs Jason and I love together. We both are obsessed with music so it is not a big surprise that all of our kids have such a love for it too. You should see them all sing some of these songs together. They memorize songs so quick it always shocks me. I swear I should take them on the road! Music has always been my escape and has always brought me sanity. Even as a child I would retreat and sing to myself for fun, though it was always more fun to sing constantly and annoy everyone within earshot. I now love to sing with my family and I love that they love to have me sing. It truly means the world to me because no matter the struggles that this life brings music has always made me feel the spirit instantly. So please go through my list and see if you know them or if you remember when we loved them together. If not consider yourself enlightened!

6 comments:

Breanna said...

Forever Young, I have that one on my blog also. Of course it reminds me of you and I playing it over and over again and truely feeling forever young.(Also, I can't forget: Somebody and Today, they really take me back!) You have a lot of great song choices, I may have to steal some for my playlist!

mommyof6 said...

I need to put that one on my list. The other one that is totally our song is Just think of me and I'll be there, but they don't have it ughhhh!

Meagan Marie said...

wow there are some great classics on that list!! I too LOVE music! It is amazing the effect music can have on you. For instance when i am running and a really good song comes on i totally run faster, even if i am on mile 5. I would be lost with out good music!

I have to keep a bow on Lizzy's head because she is soo bald!! 9 months, you would think she would have some hair. lol! I made a lot of the bows she wears but some of them i just got from a little shop, let me know what ones you like and maybe we could have a craft day when i come.

Twyst said...

I like your sleeves, they're really big.

mommyof6 said...

What the freak does I like your sleeves mean?

Harries Family said...

Um its Saturday and the same post has been up there for like 5 days...are you alright?