December

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Berry pick'in


Friday we went blackberry picking with my brother Brandon his wife Becky and their almost six kids! Jason had to work so he missed out on the fun.We decided to take a hike first and then got down to business. Only those that live in the NW can truly take for granted the abundance and often irritation of this berry. They grow like weeds here! Anyhow, the kids had a blast and it is nice to pick them for free. I should have taken a picture of of the kids hands and shirts but those that have kids or have been berry picking can imagine I'm sure. We ended up with three containers full. I had to quit because my baby is getting heavy and after more then an hour my back was about to break!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I remember when you lived by Brandon and Becky and we went in her backyard and picked berries. This was so strange to me. I remember being scared to eat them, I wasn't sure of eating wild berries.It was so long ago, Payten and Jackson were the only children you had at that time. I can say that I do love going berry picking now. We have so many orchards around. So far we've picked strawberries and raspberries. Thanx for the tip for the slide show. I will do that next time I need a slide show. Which will be soon.