December

Sunday, August 3, 2008

We get blessings for this right?

so today was like any typical Sunday when Jason works. we watched church videos and got ready then headed to church at 12:30 which for some reason I always try to do but normally I always get there with like 5 minutes to spare, not today. we actually got there 25 minutes early. Once I got everyone to sit and gave them there coloring supplies I was feeling pretty good. Then Harrison wanted Brooklyn's crayon so he took her toy so she climbed on him. I broke that up but Harrison was still being a turkey. Brooklyn then grabbed her coloring book which hit Payten in the eye. Jackson was starving and laid sprawled out on the bench, When I was dealing with the baby Harrison decided the top of the hymn book needed some pink highlights,ugh! After that we had the sacrament which is normally fine but today Harrison grabbed a handful of bread, I swatted his hand away and decided to give him none after that which of course meant that he would cry about getting none. The YM lined up by us to take the bread back and what do you know, but a a piece of bread drops on the ground. I took that as some kind of sign so i let Harrison clean it up. Some how while sitting between my four kids( I was nursing the baby on my lap) I took a breath and was able to enjoy the spirit for a fleeting moment. Afterwards I had a few people come up and tell me how well behaved my kids are! The newly called 2nd counselor even came up and wanted advice on how I managed because his wife was trying to adjust to him being on the stand, and they only have 3. I told him the truth I spend the next two hours after sacrament unwinding from the last hour. I then went and visited with his wife in the mother's room ,AKA my reprieve, we laughed about who's kids were worst in church , I told her what Harrison had done she said her son once ripped the hymn book up right in front of the chorister! She then said that last week her son had a pen and drew on an old man's suit who sat in front of them, the poor man had know idea and she debated where she should even tap him on the shoulder and tell him! I love talking to other moms it always makes you realize that we are all in this madness called parenting together. I ended up teaching Jackson's class when his teacher didn't show. I'll have to save the description of that class for later let me just say one girl is so hyper she practically seizes.. oh well at least I made it through another Sunday and got to take the sacrament I promise you that becomes such an accomplishment on days like today. However insane my Sundays can be I make it through because I truly know that there is no better place I can be with my kids. They won't remember the insanity they'll just know that they went to church every week and to me that is makes it all worth it.

4 comments:

Jenell said...

Yes that is definitely one of those days you have to keep telling yourself it is worth it or else you may explode. My day wasn't so bad I just have a 1 year old that will not sit still and thinks it is fun to run and scream his high pitched scream loud enough that the Bishop sticks his head out of his office to make sure everything is alright. Isn't being a mother wonderful.

RACHEL said...

thanks for being so positive, makes me feel like i borrow some of your strength for my unruly children (and i only have two!!) but i love them and i agree about church, at least they are learning while they are young. but i know it makes it extra hard going on your own.

mommyof6 said...

You know one thing I've learned "it only takes one" meaning it only takes one child misbehaving to make a mom crazy. How was the beach?

Rachel and Ryan said...

I totally believe we are blessed for doing what is right. Last Sunday I just taught a lesson to my primary girls explaining the same principle. Sometimes it can be hard to see the point of it all but it is still the right thing to do. I tell the kids it is like eating your veggies. You aren't always excited about eating them but they nourish your body and keep you strong and healthy. Veggie's help fight of diseases that are all around us. The church nourishes us and keeps our spirit strong and healthy. It protects us against the biggest sickness of all , the state of darkness. In the end their are no regrets in feeding ourselves spiritually just complete peace and gratitude for doing what is right. The blessings we receive for doing what the Lord asks are beyond my ability to put in words that would convince anyone. It is only through the Spirit that one can know the truth. Speaking of the Spirit it can feel like an impossible thing to feel when some Sacrament meetings I start to break a sweat just trying to keep the little one's reverent. How accomplished and relieved I usually feel and sometimes even proud when Sacrament ends. Oh and yes I'm with you Andrea, I love the mother's room. It is like some secret club you become apart of once your a mom. What a support it is to hear others and know church is chaotic for all of us at times. Lots of love girl! I hope the length of this comment makes up for the lack of them.