December

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tall and Spacious building come to mind

I thought I'd chime in on the latest political stuff from this last week. Ok, am I the only one that sees Obama for what he is? Is he not the popular 8th grader running for class president that promises things will be different if he's elected because he's going to give more recess's and pizza everyday for lunch! I mean come on, he has No experience running anything. Unfortunately so many Americans fall for his over the top shenanigans but please friends don't be mislead by the hype. Just because Britney Spear's set designer designed him a big fancy set does not mean he is qualified to be president. If you truly checkout Obama's record on issues it will make your blood run cold he is sooo extremely liberal. I do not trust him whatsoever and do not think he is anymore genuine then any other hollywood actor. As far as McCain he has never been my favorite but I do think that he tries to do his best and doesn't have to stroke his own ego all the time, picture Biden or Obama. I do really like Palin and think she is pretty great but do feel sorry for her kids. I am one of those that puts a babies life as my litmus test for all candidates so it is with out question who has my vote but it just amazes me as I watch TV that so many people truly know nothing about Obama but are willing to trust him with the presidency anyway. I don't think it will matter in the end if you are liberal or conservative there will be only one clear choice when you look at things like ethics, honesty, and experience. Well glad I got that off my mind. By the way Everyone should know that if you go to Settings on your blog you can make it so your blog is private unless someone knows your blogs name that way your blog won't come up if goggled.Feel free to leave your opinion about politics even if they differ from mine. I never mind a good debate:)

4 comments:

Jenell said...

I so totally agree with all of that. I shared what you said about Obama running for 8th grade class president the other day and he laughed and totally agreed. I think Obama has been made into a celebrity and everyone is voting for the popular kid in school, not realizing that he has some really crazy lefties running things behind the scene. A vote for Obama is not for Obama it is for a group of far left nuts that are the real brains behind him. He is just the popular kid out in the front. I compare it to a boy band. Obama is the lead singer that everyone watches, but its the band behind him that is writing the music and making them music, his is just the voice that people watch. I truly believe that people will come to see him for what he is, or at least I want to believe that.

mommyof6 said...

Clinton was elected twice so I doubt some people will ever see Obama for what he is. You are right about Obama being a puppet. I really can't wait for the debates though they should be good.

Twyst said...

I honestly don't care about who gets into the Whitehouse anymore. Either or aren't going to change much. We keep looking for some miracle man/woman to sit in the seat and govern as were the greats of yesteryear... not going to happen. Our country and the world don't allow such fundamental changes as to 'fix' what's wrong.

The media is so ridiculous about presidential coverage I can't even watch it. Both candidates behave like children, but they're just actors in the play, getting upset at them is just silly. Get upset at the audience for paying to see it if you're going to get upset. The 'writers' don't care if you like or hate what you see, just so long as you watch it and buy into the BS analysis of it all.

Too much backbiting between Republicans and Democrats create a government that can't actually ever improve anything because both sides are too worried about their side being right and the other being wrong. It's all just fodder, like it or not the country is the way it is because it's how we've created. Presidents and senators don't change that, they reflect it. I personally don't want to see a reflection of who we are - the social side or the free trade side. They're both ugly and don't function well. But I guess it's what we got.

So, Obama probably gets my vote because I don't see the minor issues that a liberal would install in one presidency that would be so damaging as the benefits. It would only hurt our conservative pride we have for the country. But the benefits of having a more liberal, anti-war, black, charismatic, likable president is going to do more good purely on the perception than any policies or opinions that the president could pass. By purely perception alone Obama will do the following: improve race relations in the country, improve foreign relations (the world pretty much hates us, so that's a big one), improve the temper of the country by having someone in charge that doesn't appear to starting wars to get access to oil (real or not), and much more. And that's before any policies even appear on the senate floor. I could care less about the minor laws and quibbles demo's and repub's have (they always just go back and forth till they're watered down enough that no one is happy and nothing changes), but having the country feel good about choosing something good is really big.

I mean, it's not like John McCain has some ace up his sleeve to wrestle back the country from the mess it's in. The country wants a leader they feel can appear to be as intelligent as they pretend to be.

I don't think anyone can sit in the presidents seat and do a good job. Both men are good, honest people. But they are also successful politicians, which means they're both BS. I'll take the BS that smells good and hope. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, we all end up eating BS anyway.

Jenell said...

That is a very sad outlook. I understand and agree with most of it all being bs, but I do still think that the President will have quite a bit of power. There will be at least two supreme court judges positions that the next president will fill, that is a big one. I would rather that be filled by someone that at least shares some of my ideals about gay marriage, abortion, gun laws ect. As president they won't be able to do a lot on those laws unless they get through the legislature, but a supreme court judge set standards and basicly make laws(interprutations) all the time.
As far as foreign policy, John McCain has my vote there as well. I think the world would look very favorably on John McCain. He has been a huge proponent of upholding the Geneva Convention, he sided against the republicans big time on this issue. Also he just has more, lots more experience dealing with foreign issues. I think a vote for Obama is a mistake. I do think you should look at what each promises to do in office, they both make promises that they can't keep, but in those promises are their INTENTIONS. Their intentions let you know if they would veto or support a bill that comes on their desk, a glimpse of who they would put in the supreme court, and what they will try to push while they are in there. I'm not looking for a pretty face and a smooth talker, or am I looking for someone to fix America, I know no one person is capable of that, but I do not want someone who will in my opinion screw it up even more. I do think Bush has done a pretty lousy job at a lot of things, but there are definitely some things that I feel he got right so in that sense I am grateful that we had a conservative president. I have to remind myself it could have been worse, we could have had Gore or Kerry.